Along with everything else that you have already read regarding things to see in Venice, and no doubt you have already included them on your list, in this article you can find the ways to make your visit to the city even more special.
Here is a short list of things to see in Venice, by making small detours away from the busiest routes, or carving out some time at the end of the day:
- Visit the secret garden of the Casa Cardinal Plaza (Click here to find out where it is): by giving a small donation to the nuns who run this ancient palace you can visit the splendid gard
en hidden behind the walls. A truly beautiful spectacle in springtime!
- Go down the Varisco calletta, in the Sestiere of Cannaregio, it is the narrowest street in Venice! (link to map) It is located between Campo Sant Apostoli and the Scuola Grande di San Marco.
- See Venice from the top of the Fondaco dei Tedeschi panoramic terrace (Click here to find the Palazzo on Google map); this ancient palace, which was built to store the goods of German merchants, is now an elegant shopping centre. You can stop for a spot of shopping in Venice before going up to the large roof terrace
- Enjoy a real Venetian aperitif and taste the delicious cicchetti in Fondamenta della Misericordia (Click here to find out where). This area of Venice is well known among the city’s residents for its bars (bacari) and restaurants. Take advantage of some well-deserved relaxation at the end of a long day spent walking through Venice
- Discover Venice’s lesser-known treasures, on a walk in the company of professional actors away from the crowd (Click here to find out about availability). Take part in an Adventure Theater show that will teach you the stories and legends of this wonderful city while having fun!
There are certainly many other things to see in Venice, but we are sure that if you find the time to add these activities to your list, you will not regret it!