Venice at night empties itself of the thousands of tourists who visit it during the day, revealing its most fascinating side.
There is little transport available in order to reach Venice at night, meaning that it is almost exclusively left to those who have the opportunity to be able to stay and sleep in the city, to take advantage of its most magical atmosphere.
What to do in Venice at night?
- After the main attractions close at between 6pm and 7pm, is the best time to enjoy an aperitif in one of the many typical bars of Venice (bacari).
The area of Pescherie di Rialto, or Fondamenta della Misericordia in the Cannaregio district, will offer you a wide choice. These are the ideal places to find a restaurant when you are ready to have dinner.
- Among the activities that you can take part in before dinner, Adventure Theater accompanies its spectators on an exciting walk through the evocative backdrop of Venice, in the company of professional actors you can discover the most authentic side of the city and have fun.
Venice at sunset offers the best conditions to venture out and discover its lesser-known corners, and its fascinating legends.
What to do in Venice at night
Venice at night is a very quiet city. Depending on the period that you visit, you can find different events to participate in.
- The Hilton hotel at the Mulino Stucky, on Its roof terrace hosts an elegant bar with music and a splendid view of the city. A place where you can meet people from all over the world who are visiting Venice.
- The Bauer hotel offers a rich program of jazz concerts, such as the Laguna Libre club.
- The only nightclub in Venice is Piccolo Mondo, in the Accademia area.
- Check out Palazzina Grassi events schedule .
During the summer there are many events such as the Redentore in July, and the Film Festival in September, which takes Venice into a festive atmosphere with a lot of different things to take part in; many of these are often held on a boat, so you’ll need to book your ticket in advance!
For club-goers, the Venice Lido Pachuka and Aurora beach clubs regularly organize beach parties until late at night. Otherwise at the Lido di Jesolo the nightclubs Vanilla Club, the Muretto and Marina Club are a favourite destination of lovers of clubbing in Italy.
Winter has its main events for livening up the city. New Year’s Eve and carnival are the most important events during the winter season and during this time Venice will offer you a rich variety of things to do. Also in this case they are very often private events, consider to book in advance to secure your entry.
For those who want to stay late at night
The mainland offers several alternatives including Mestre: Area-City and Molo5, or Dolo with the club MioClub.